We look forward to welcoming parents and children new to Reception in September 2018. This page provides information on events, transition and what to expect.
Further information can be found in our FAQ section here.
Guide your child around this slide show so that they are familiar with their new school spaces.
New parent open evening presentation slides: New to Reception Parent Evening Slides
What to do if…?
|What to do if your child is unwell?||
|What to do if your child needs time off school in exceptional circumstances e.g. medical appointments, religious observance and compassionate leave? (Term-time holidays will not be authorised).||
|What to do if your child has a medical condition – e.g. asthma/nut allergy.||
|What to do if your child has short term medication?||
|WisePay||You will be given a WisePay login and password so you are able to set up your child’s account.
Through this account you will be able to purchase and or sign-up for;
1. Your child’s lunches (Year 3 – 6)
2. Enrichment after-school clubs
4. Parent-teacher conversations
5. Parent workshops
6. School water bottles/ school rucksack
7. Make gift aid donations to the school
All email communication from the school will be sent via WisePay, Please ensure your email is correct on your account to ensure you receive all communication from the school.
|School Calendar||You will find a link to the school calendar through our website; http://universityprimaryschool.org.uk/school-calendar/ this will have all up-to-date information on any upcoming events in the school such as; class bake sales, dress up days and FOCUS events.|
School Drop-Off and Collection
|School opening and closing times||· School starts at 8:30am.
· School finishes at 3:15pm.
· If you are late to drop off your child in the morning you will need to go round to the main school office to sign your child in.
· If you are late to pick up your child you will need to go round to the main school office to collect them.
|What to do if somebody other than the designated parent/carer will be collecting your child, if it is planned.||· Inform the Class Teacher/Teaching Assistant that another family member/friend will be collecting today.
· Introduce them if possible.
· If it is not possible to introduce them prior to the pick-up, and we have not met them before please ensure you inform the Class Teacher/Teaching Assistant who is collecting and a password. For example ‘Ava’s Grandfather will be collecting her today, the password is mountains’.
|What to do if somebody other than the designated parent/carer will be collecting your child, if it is not planned.||· For any changes to pick-up during the school day, and if you are letting us know via email, please ensure you have emailed the School Office by 12:30pm.
· For any changes to pick-up during the school, and if you are letting us know via phone, please ensure you have rung the School Office by 2:30pm.
· Please ensure to confirm your child’s Pupil PIN (this will be issued when your child starts school) when emailing or ringing the school to adhere to our safeguarding policies and procedures.