This week, we have been inspired by Philip Gross’ ‘Dark Sky Park’ poems. We have enjoyed performing some of these and creating our own responses to the poems…
In Maths, we have been diving into algebra! We have learned about the difference between ‘formulae’ and ‘equations’ and been beginning to put into practice what we have been learning. See Maths sheets for extra practice: Maths Sheets Algebra
In Spelling we focused on words with the ‘w’ sound
We also enjoyed beginning our new Project – Globalisation. We were fascinated to find out how many objects in our classroom were made in different countries and are looking forward to finding out more about this fascinating topic in the coming weeks.
- Maths – we will be continuing our learning on algebra, with a particular focus on solving equations with one or two variables
- English – we will be writing our own ‘Dark Sky’ poems, focusing on poetic techniques like alliteration, assonance and rhythm
- Guided Reading – we will be beginning a new book titled “Journey to Jo’burg” by Beverely Naidoo – an inspiring story set against the dangerous landscape of apartheid South Africa.
- Strike Day on Wednesday 1st March. For more information and for remote learning guidance, please check guidance already sent out.
- We look forward to celebrating World Book Day on Thursday 2nd March. Children make sure you bring your favorites book into school to share with your friends!
Wishing you and your families a restful weekend.
Year 6 Team