Welcome back to online learning with Miss Janes and Mrs Bullen-Smith. We hope you and your family kept safe and had a lovely Easter break.
Our new topic for this half-term is ‘Under The Sea’. We will be learning about oceans and seas and thinking about the impact of human behaviour on marine life and the considerable threats that environmental ocean damage has for wildlife and human populations.
We have made some small changes to the online learning resources and these are outlined below.
- The blog will be updated daily so you can access the materials prior to the lessons the day before.
- Video links to the supporting YouTube lessons will remain the same and are emailed out daily via the school Enquiries email
- English and Maths will be taught over 3 days (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)
- Other curriculum videos and topic projects will be taught over 2 days (Thursday, Friday)
Monday 20th April:
Maths – Fractions: counting in hundredths – Lesson 1 – Fractions – counting in hundredths
English – No English resources.
Tuesday 21st April:
Maths – Fractions: Writing mixed numbers – Lesson 2 – mixed number fractions
Wednesday 22nd April:
Maths – Fractions: Equivalent fractions – Lesson 3 – fractions – equivalent fractions
Thursday 23rd April:
Friday 24th April:
Cooking with Miss Natale – Cooking with Miss Natale recipe for Piadina Romagnola
Weekly Maths sheets:
Maths answer sheets – Maths week 1 answers
Maths challenge cards with answers – Week 1 challenges
Other useful resources:
This is the perfect moment to explore lots of different books and read for pleasure. Please find below some links where you can listen to authors reading a large selection of books.
- Audible (currently free)
- First News is offering free weekly issues during this time frame.
- Get Epic is an online library with 40,000 children’s titles available to read.
- Oliver Jeffers’s will read one of his books every day. Readings will take place at 6pm UK time and are broadcast via Instagram Stories. All broadcasts have been recorded and will also be added to Jeffers’ website
- Poets are reading out their poems here, with online prompts offering comprehension questions.
- Storyline Online
Handwriting & Spelling
If you would like to practice your spellings, Spelling Frame has home learning opportunities for you to work on. Pen Pals, the scheme of handwriting UCPS follows, is currently also offering resources for free.
Ideas for being creative outdoors can be found here.
If you want to travel around the world from your home try out some of these links:
Active History is offering one month free access to their simulations, games and quizzes. They cover a broad range of historical eras.
If you would like to challenge your brain with some fun thinking visit this website for weekly challenges, riddles and games.
Sing Up, the online music platform we use at school, is offering free singing resources for home learning https://www.singup.org/home-schooling.
You can find daily science activities and challenges at the Children’s University and Club SciKidz. Science Spot also offers ideas of science you can do at home, as well as Mystery Science, which is free for now.
You should have received some information on WisePay about Earth Day and our Singing Challenge. Below you can find resources if you wish to participate.
Year 4 Team