This week in English, we have been creating our own versions of the Oliver Jeffers story “The heart and the Bottle.” The children thought of their own location where the girl could have put her heart, ideas included “The heart in the freezer”, “The heart on the shelf” and “The heart in the volcano”.
In maths, we started looking at place value and how numbers 20-100 are composed. We have been breaking numbers down into 10s and 1s, using dienes to support our learning.
This week we have also been learning more about who The Beatles were and why their music made such an impact in the sixties. We also had a go at creating our own songs to the tune of yellow submarine.
English: We are practising and developing our performance skills, ready to share our terms learning with year 3 and 4
Maths: continuing composing numbers 20-100
Phonics: wh and ph
WOW Badge Design Competition 2020 – Wonders of the World
Get involved in one of the UK’s biggest design competitions. Simply draw any wonder of the world – natural or built by humankind – on the badge template here. 11 winning entries will be turned into more than 400,000 badges to be awarded to WOW pupils across the UK next year.
· 11 winning designs to feature on WOW badges in 2020-21.
· Up to £500 free WOW resources for 11 winning schools, plus 5 additional schools selected by prize draw.
· Trophies for winners and highly commended runners-up.
· Downloadable certificate for the school’s top badge designers!
TOP TIPS FOR WINNING DESIGNS:
· Be big, bold and colourful!
· WOW badges are only 3cm, so simple designs without people or small details in them work best!
· Trademarks, logos, images of Strider will not qualify for the competition.
· Winning designs will be digitally recreated, so pupils can use pencil, crayons or pens.
For full details about the WOW badge design competition, visit livingstreets.org.uk/badgecompetition2020. Please return printed entries to Miss Glenister in Fuji (year 5) by Friday 28th February 2020.
· Please provide your child with a plain white t-shirt or plain white pillowcase for our art project next week.