We hope you all enjoyed your Tuesday’s learning videos and the learning tasks that followed. So you must be curious – what can we expect for tomorrow’s learning? Well here is a sneak preview!
Our learning videos for Wednesday 1st April 2020:
- Welcome video: You’ll get to enjoy the amazing singing of your Reception class teachers and Miss Sadler will introduce ‘mindful drawing for children to join in with into their Red Book.
- Group Time: Miss Sadler will continue with demonstrating how to add information into the animal fact flip-flap book that was created yesterday. Learning Task: To write facts for the creatures chosen. For this activity children will need: a pencil and their already created flip-flap book.
- Phonics: We will be reviewing Tricky Troll words. Task: Children will be asked to read, locate and then write some tricky Troll words in their Red Books. Following this they can write three sentences containing tricky troll words. Encourage children to select and write the words that they have found a little more challenging in the past.
- Maths: This third math lesson is titled ”What is the time?’ For this activity, children will watch a short video of Ms Bharat playing ‘What’s the time Mr Wolf? which will then lead into a lesson on telling the time. The focus will only be on ‘o’clock’ only! Learning Task: Children will be asked to record the times that Ms Bharat shows on her clock in their Red Books. This can then be continued as a game. Resources: Red book and pencil, an analogue clock if available.
- End of day Story: Children will get to enjoy a wonderful story read by a ‘Mystery Reader’ I wonder who that will be?
Don’t forget about our Rainbow Challenges as well!
Tomorrow’s blog (Wednesday 1st of April) will be our final blog until the 20th of April, in it we will share some useful resources for the Easter holidays and some information for families. Thank you again for the amazing engagement and collaboration over this difficult time.