We hope you all enjoyed your Monday learning videos and the learning tasks that followed. So you must be curious – what can we expect for tomorrow’s learning? Well here is a sneak preview!
Our learning videos for Tuesday 31st March 2020:
- Welcome video: You’ll get to enjoy the amazing singing of your Reception class teachers and Mrs Watson will introduce ‘mindful singing’ for the children. The children then listen to ‘Ickle Okle Blue Bottle’ and join in.
- Group Time: Miss Sadler will be demonstrating how to create an animal fact flip-flap book. For this activity children will need: 5 sheets of paper or use their Red Book, sticky tape, pencil, colours and a pair of scissors.
- Phonics: We will be reviewing these sounds: ai, ee, igh, oa, oo, oo, ar, or, ur, ow, and oi. The task afterwards will be for children to write words that contain these digraphs/trigraph and then to select two of those words to put into a sentence.
- Maths: This second maths lesson is titled ‘What can you do in one minute?‘ For this activity, children will watch a short video of Ms Bharat engaging in various activities for one minute and counting aloud.This will lead into the lesson where children will be asked to record the amount of things they can do in one minute into their Red Books. Resources needed: Timer/stop watch/mobile phone, pencil and opportunity for adults to record this for tapestry.
- End of day Story: Children will get to enjoy a wonderful story read by a ‘Mystery Reader’ I wonder who that will be?