This week we have been reading the story ‘The Enormous Turnip’ and talking about working together as a team. During literacy we have been learning how to write acrostic poems and in maths we have started adding and writing addition number sentences. We also had one of our parents come in and do a lovely talk about dolphins and whales and how we can help keep them safe and healthy.
As many of you may already know, we currently have some caterpillar visitors in our classrooms. They have started to shed their skins and should start cocooning soon. Unfortunately they may transform into butterflies during the Easter Break however if this does happen, Miss Tutchener and Miss Williamson will post regular updates and photos of how they are doing throughout the Easter Holidays.
- Next Thursday is the Easter Bonnet parade so remember your hats!
- Try and read with your child as often as possible.
- Please can children not bring in their toys from home as it has been causing some problems and belongings are getting lost.
- We advise you provide your child with wellies to protect their school shoes.
- Please make sure all of your child’s belongings are named!
- Junk modelling materials are always welcome.
- Put your child’s book and reading record in their draw each day