Well, it has certainly been an eventful ending to our Spring term! Today is our last day of online learning for the next few weeks and we hope this time gives you a bit of space to catch up on some sleep, relax and enjoy the sunnier days that are becoming more frequent.
Whilst there won’t be any online learning videos until the 20th of April, here are some suggestions and websites with ideas for things you can do in the meantime:
- Read, read, read! Make use of resources such as Bug Club and the Go Epic! account that we have sent details about recently. Tapestry Challenge: record yourselves reading your favourite story!
- Write letters and postcards to friends: during this time of isolation it’s important to stay connected.
- Sing and make music: as we saw in Italy, music is food for the soul and helps to connect us – have a go at Dr Biddulph’s ‘Release Your Imagination’ challenge (you should have received an email about this yesterday – here are the Lyrics and chords if you haven’t been able to access them already).
- Create an Easter-themed/Wellbeing card: make a beautiful picture with a message for Easter or just to send kind, hopeful words to your friends and share this on Tapestry (we’ll try and collage them all together – that would be really special!)
- Become a ‘Television Chef’: record yourself cooking and explaining your recipe and write down the recipe so others can follow it, this can be shared on Tapestry as well.
Additional fun resources shared by our amazing Learning Coaches:
- Andy’s Wild Workouts: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p06tmn51/andys-wild-workouts-series-1-1-under-the-sea
- Gardening Projects: https://kidsgardening.org/garden-activities/
Also our learning links we shared in a previous blog:
- Boromi #dailyplay activities: https://www.boromi.co.uk/dailyplay
- Lego Family – lots of great ideas of things you can create with duplo and Lego – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwEFuOAC8vDbILoL0hLk-8A
- Mr T’s Phonics (or Geraldine the Giraffe as the children know): https://www.youtube.com/user/breakthruchris
- Phonics Play – lots of fantastic games to support children in sounding out and blending words: https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
- Sky Writer – to practise letter formation: https://www.ictgames.com/mobilePage/skyWriter/index.html
Reading for Pleasure
- Get Epic – 40,000+ books, free for the next 30 days: https://www.getepic.com/
- ICT Games (can also be used for Phonics) – a range of different games to support learning across a range of concepts: https://www.ictgames.com/mobilePage/index.html