All our Reception children have enjoyed a week of busy learning! There were Rainbow certificates for ALL the children across all three classes- this is very impressive!
This week we have been:
- Doing observational drawings so that we can learn to look carefully at their features – just like an artist would!
- going on a mini beast hunt in our outdoor area using a checklist to see if we can find as many mini beasts as possible.
- Creating a wonderful bug hotel for lots of different minibeasts.
- Sculpting minibeasts using clay.
- Writing clues about different minibeasts to play a guessing game with our friends.
- Finding out which minibeast is the most popular and creating our own block graphs.
We have really enjoyed these activities and we are very much looking forward to next week… it is our trip to Shepreth Zoo!
We will be:
- Working with our teacher to learn about money, using everyday language relating to money e.g. pennies, pounds,cost, change) and to be able to solve problems involving money.
- Phonics Focus: Learning the ear and air trigraphs.
Our rainbow challenges will be:
- Red challenge: showing respect to the animals at the zoo by walking around respectfully and handling the insects gently.
- Blue challenge: to buy toys in our toy shop and write our equations (2p + 3p = 5p).
- Yellow challenge: to a thank you letter to Shepreth Zoo.
- Green challenge: to create and label a map of a zoo.
- Purple challenge: to decorate a stone to look like a minibeast and create a mosaic of minibeasts.
We hope you are ready for an exciting week ahead!