This week we explored the book ‘We’re going on a bear hunt,’ so we decided to have a hunt of our own. Mrs Bray wrote to Reception telling us that she had lost Mr Biddulph, she asked for our help to find him. In small groups the children used their knowledge of the school and their good listening to save the day, and Mr Biddulph!
In maths we have been experimenting with positional language, playing hide and seek with teddy and his friends describing where we found them. We then put our learning into practise outdoors by playing a whole Reception game of ‘Penny the pirate says… (stand on the sand pit.)’
Next week our class book is ‘Elmer.’ We will be learning about patterns, making giant elephant collages and sharing our all about me books.
- If you haven’t completed your ‘All about me’ book, please do so and bring it in on Monday.
- Monday the 26th is the school’s official opening, the 30 parent spaces have been chosen so please check if your name has been selected.
- The weather has been kind so far but unfortunately we don’t think it will last for long, so please make sure your child has their wellies (named) in school.
- Please bring back your home, school technology agreement.
- Don’t forget to check the classroom windows for notices and upcoming dates to put in your diary.