We would like to thank you all for welcoming us into your homes this week. It was lovely to get to know you and your family. We have been busy preparing our classrooms ready for your first day of school and are looking forward to learning with you!
Classroom doors open at 8:45 am, your adults are then invited to stay for soft start until 9 am. Soft start is an opportunity for you to engage in the classroom with your adult(s) and explore your new learning space. When you arrive you will see that you have your own peg and draw which is labelled clearly with your name, please place your belongings in these locations. We have lots of amazing things for you to play with so please keep all your toys safe at home.
We know that some of you may be feeling a little nervous about your first day and your adults will too. With this in mind on Monday after drop off FOCUS (Our Parent, Teacher Association) have organised a coffee morning, for your adult(s). This will take place at the Traveller’s rest Beef-eater on Huntingdon Road.
On Tuesday at 1:30 pm after pick up there will be a curriculum information session for your adult(s). This is a chance for your adult(s) to find out more about what you will be learning this year and how Reception works.
Reminders for the first day:
- 1:30 pm finish this week (the children will have lunch).
- Please bring your water bottle and book bag to school with you everyday.
- If you do not have a water bottle you can purchase one from the office on Monday.
- Please bring in your child’s PE kit as there will be a PE session in our first week.
- Please name everything!
- Please make sure the office are aware of any dietary or medical needs your child has.
- Every child needs to have a spare set of clothes brought into school.