This week in Reception the children have had lots of fun and in Phonics have been working on saying and writing their Unit 4 sounds (d, e, f and v). The children have been word building, reading and sentence writing. Can you have a go at writing some of these words and sentences at home over the weekend?
dig, dip, vet, van, fed, met, set and bed
The mad dog is on top of the pig pen.
The vet fed the cat.
In Maths we have explored the purpose of counting (to find out how many there are altogether), cardinality and 1:1 correspondence. We have focussed strongly upon the number 5 as a quantity by linking this to a range of visual representations.
The children have also enjoyed linking numerals with their cardinal number value, developing their fine motor skills through our spooky spider web tough spots, discussing the houses they live in and word building with magnetic letters.
Upcoming events and reminders:
- Books will be handed in to teachers every Monday and returned on a Tuesday
- PE will now take place Monday Mornings (Please ensure children always have a full PE kit in school).
- We are still awaiting confirmation of our upcoming theatre trip this term. However, it is looking likely that this will take place and cost around £13 per child.
- First day photos will be featuring in the Cambridge Independent on Wednesday 9th November 2022.
- We have found a pair of adidas, trainers in school (picture below). Please let us know if these belong to your child.
We look forward to seeing you all next week,