The government has provided each Primary school with additional funding for the improvement of sports provision that is on offer for our pupils. This is an initiative designed to promote healthy lifestyles.
Schools can use the premium to secure improvements in the following indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
|Total number of pupils on roll:||211 (Reception to Year 5)|
|Sports Fixed Grant:||£16000|
|Amount of Sports’ Grant received per pupil:||£2110 (£10 per non-reception pupil recorded at Autumn census, of which there were 299)|
|Total amount received||Total £18110|
We work alongside Premier Sport, who deliver specialist curricular and extra-curricular opportunities.